As an example of batching, you may be doing your figure work for your business, it requires focus and concentration. If the phone rings and it is a client your brain has to switch from task orientated focus and concentration association to one of social, higher energy levels and a different level of focus. The time the brain takes to switch back and forth from a doing focus to a social focus impacts in getting back into the rhythm of the task at hand. This is a simple example to illustrate how interruptions slow the process of our thought patterns. Batching like to like projects is a way to stay focused and get through the tasks quicker. Here are a few tips to consider
Pick the time of the day that relates to the batching tasks, If in the afternoon you find it difficult to focus, schedule in your focus batching tasks in the morning.
- Schedule in your creative batching tasks when you feel fresh and full of creativity
- Consider using a diffuser with essential oils. Wild Orange or Lemon are fabulous and uplifting to stay refreshed. You may consider some of the many blends on the market including focus, or balance to name a few.
- Don't be afraid to turn your phone to airplane mode or off. If you need to concentrate and you want to stay on a batch of focus tasks, avoid interruption by not using the phone for an hour or two.
- In your creative batching some background music along with essential oils can help to get those creative juices flowing. Even moving from the office to an outdoor space can have a positive effect on your creativity.
- List all of the tasks you need to complete for a week and then batch like for like tasks and add them in to your planner for the week.
- Schedule in the time to achieve those tasks such as accounts and book work and targets maybe some you can batch together.
- Follow up phone calls, emails and text messages together.
- Writing blog posts, scripting a podcast and social media posts all require a level of creativity and this may also provide a means for re-purposing content.
You can find out more about Lee
Connect Her women's networking events offer a fabulous place to connect, the ability to grow, expand your knowledge, increase your social capital and develop your circle of influence.
Enjoy all of this at our events, build community, alliances, friendships, gain support from others and be inspired. There is true magic when women come together to support each other. Connect at www.connecther.com.au
Private Connect Her