You may have heard that it is best to utilise the social media platform or online profile where your clients are? This is a great way of pinpointing how much energy you are going to spend on a platform without spending a lot of money or time.
Every business is different and can include the selling of products or services but an important aspect of promoting our business is demonstrating our expertise in out sector which is unique to us and our skills. LinkedIn has proven to be a professional, consistent and robust online network that was originally set up for resumes for staff of corporate companies around the world.
LinkedIn is still utilised for job search and recruitment but due to the increase in the network and how many time poor professionals are interacting with LinkedIn, it is now a great place to find cashed-up consumers of products and services. What has been your experience on LinkedIn or any platform you have used for business and what has worked or failed? We can definitely learn from other businesses and how they have utilised their networks, but you must be consistent and interact to get any reward. Like any action in your business showing up and demonstrating to your network that you are regularly interacting and adding value is essential for success. Instagram has increased in popularity and is a great visual online platform that can build your profile visually and increase sales of products with their visual appeal. The analytics on Instagram have really improved and you can see easily if your posts are getting reactions and are being noticed.
Instagram can increase website traffic if utilised well and consistently. Here are some tips and suggestions for LinkedIn which will deliver interaction with your target audience and grow your profile in your industry or line of work.
- Spend 1 – 2 hours a week in building and revising your LinkedIn Profile for success and interaction – you will be rewarded
- Give back to others and endorse them for skills and competencies, congratulate them on anniversaries and birthdays
- Ensure that your profile and background photos are professional and relevant – utilise your logo or catch-up phrase to increase awareness
- Be proactive and message contacts with an offer or advice
- Post an update weekly or fortnightly demonstrating your expertise Comment on your networks updates and join in the conversation
- Look who has checked out your Profile and connect with them
- Be professional at all times with your comments and offers
- Join industry groups and connect with members and learn about them
- Add in Videos, Photos and Documents to your Summary for added exposure – make it interesting for optimal interaction.