As we become more populated and the end of the line towns become major cities and suburbs along with automation, the ability to offer personalised service is becoming less and less doable but increasingly wanted.
Let’s throw into the mix things such as social media, automated phone services and self-serve checkouts that drive everybody mad, plus the onset of automated intelligence and it seems that good old-fashioned service and personalisation can be left behind. Or have they?
As a small to medium business owner, we can personalise our service and go the extra mile. Let’s face it, everyone has a big sign above their head saying, “Make me feel special.” So how can we make our clients and customers feel special?
Here are some top tips:
- Send emails with the person’s name <<First name>> in the subject line and body of the email. Use mail merge or your email service such as Mailchimp or Sender
- Run Poll’s in your FB group to determine the needs of your audience
- Run competitions with your product such as photo ops wearing or using your product
- Send SMS’s specific to your database around a new product or service (use their name)
- Mention locations they are familiar with in emails and SMS.
- Call outs on your socials for your customers businesses or services
- Stay in touch, call, email, text with pertinent topics, articles, or information of interest
- Email or SMS birthday vouchers, exclusive offers specific to an occasion, their birthday, your birthday, anniversary of them becoming a customer/client
- Celebrate their wins and special occasions. Send a handwritten note or card for birthdays or special occasions. Leave the sales pitch out, that is in your email or SMS. (Send cards from your phone try bit.ly/chcardapp)